Budget Cheesy Ground Beef Taco Casserole Recipe Is a Family Favorite by Ann Marie Patitucci
The walking taco casserole and beef taco casserole were so popular that I thought I'd share another Mexican-inspired ground beef casserole recipe with everyone. This easy casserole recipe has seasoned ground beef, black beans, sweet corn and crunchy chips. The corn adds even more crunch and a little sweetness.
The cheesy ground beef taco casserole is made with lean ground beef, onion, green onions, taco seasoning, enchilada sauce, black beans, whole kernel corn, corn chips and a Mexican cheese blend. Everything bakes together in the oven until hot and bubbly. Delish!
Serve this easy casserole recipe with a dollop of sour cream and guacamole for a complete dinner the whole family will enjoy. To spice it up, add some fresh jalapenos.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 package (1 ounce) taco seasoning mix (I like low-sodium taco seasoning)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (19 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 bag (9.25 ounces) corn chips or tortilla chips (about 5 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- sour cream
Here's how to make it:
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and onions over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until brown. Drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Heat to boiling then reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Stir in black beans, corn and enchilada sauce. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Place 4 cups of the corn chips in a single layer in a 13x9-inch baking dish that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Top with 1 cup of shredded cheese. Spoon beef mixture over cheese, then top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven 18 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly. Top with remaining corn chips and the green onions. Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.