Budget Cheesy Ground Beef Taco Casserole Recipe Is a Family Favorite by Ann Marie Patitucci
The walking taco casserole and beef taco casserole were so popular that I thought I'd share another Mexican-inspired ground beef casserole recipe with everyone. This easy casserole recipe has seasoned ground beef, black beans, sweet corn and crunchy chips. The corn adds even more crunch and a little sweetness.
The cheesy ground beef taco casserole is made with lean ground beef, onion, green onions, taco seasoning, enchilada sauce, black beans, whole kernel corn, corn chips and a Mexican cheese blend. Everything bakes together in the oven until hot and bubbly. Delish!
Serve this easy casserole recipe with a dollop of sour cream and guacamole for a complete dinner the whole family will enjoy. To spice it up, add some fresh jalapenos.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 package (1 ounce) taco seasoning mix (I like low-sodium taco seasoning)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (19 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 bag (9.25 ounces) corn chips or tortilla chips (about 5 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- sour cream
Here's how to make it:
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and onions over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until brown. Drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Heat to boiling then reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Stir in black beans, corn and enchilada sauce. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Place 4 cups of the corn chips in a single layer in a 13x9-inch baking dish that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Top with 1 cup of shredded cheese. Spoon beef mixture over cheese, then top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven 18 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly. Top with remaining corn chips and the green onions. Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $6 & Up
Whole Kernel Corn $2 & Up
Taco Seasoning Mix $1 & Up
Enchilada Sauce $2 & Up
Black Beans $1 & Up
Corn Chips $3 & Up
Tortilla Chips $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.