Zucchini Butter Pasta Recipe: You'll Be Smitten With This Fresh Zucchini Recipe by Donna John
Smitten Kitchen's zucchini butter pasta recipe went viral. When I first saw the recipe it reminded me of my zucchini pasta recipe. I had to try it. After reading reviews from people who had made it already, I changed the recipe up a bit using their suggestions. Adding lemon, more zucchini and garlic, and less salt were the main suggestions.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 2 main dish servings and 4 or more side dish servings
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles, cooked al dente (reserve 1 cup of pasta water)
- 4 medium to large zucchini, trimmed and coarsely grated
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the zucchini and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini cooks down and is very concentrated, about 15 to 20 minutes. Add crushed red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add 1/2 cup of the pasta water and stir to combine. Add the spaghetti noodles. Stir. Add the Parmesan cheese, a squeeze of lemon and basil leaves. Stir well to combine. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.