Cajun Maque Choux Corn Recipe With Rice Is a Delicious Healthy Meal by 30Seconds Food
The refreshing corn recipe is made with bacon, fresh or frozen corn, red onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, Cajun seasoning and heavy cream or chicken broth. The flavorful, colorful corn is made on the stovetop and cooks in about 20 minutes.
If you want a creamier maque choux, use heavy cream. If you want a lighter meal, use chicken broth. Either way, you'll be rewarded with a flavorful main dish or side dish. It's the perfect side dish for your Mardi Gras celebrations!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or chicken broth
- hot cooked rice, for serving (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the corn, onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno and Cajun seasoning. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cream or broth and cook about 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve over rice.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.