Juicy Pan-seared Steak Recipe Drenched With Fresh Cherry Sauce by Elisa Schmitz
Celebrating our seven-year wedding anniversary, my husband and I wanted to make an extra-special dinner recipe together. With fresh cherries in season, and splurging on a couple of perfect beef filets, all we needed was a bottle of our favorite red wine.
The secret to this succulent steak dinner is the mouth-watering cherry wine sauce. Tangy, savory and slightly sweet, your taste buds won’t believe what hit them.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- 2 filet mignon steaks, or your favorite steaks
- 3 - 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
Here's how to make it:
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the steaks and sear on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Reduce the heat and add the garlic and thyme (and an additional tablespoon of olive oil, if needed). Baste the steaks with the oil mixture until they are cooked to your desired doneness. Remove the steaks and allow them to rest while you make the cherry sauce.
- To the drippings in the pan, add the olive oil and cherries and cook over medium-low heat, stirring, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, balsamic vinegar, honey mustard and honey. Continue to cook until thickened and slightly reduced, about 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- To serve, slice the steaks (if desired), spoon the cherry sauce over the steaks and enjoy!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.