Grandma's Simple Deviled Egg Recipe Is a Classic for a Reason by 30Seconds Food
Four ingredients. That's all grandma needed to create the best deviled egg filling. While we love our spinach and bacon deviled eggs, Dijon deviled eggs, guacamole and bacon deviled eggs, everything-but-the-bagel deviled eggs and truffled deviled eggs, sometimes simple is best.
The filling for grandma's deviled eggs is simple: mayonnaise, white vinegar (you could use apple cider vinegar) and yellow mustard. That is mixed in with the mashed egg yolks and seasoned with salt and pepper. Spoon it back into the egg whites and sprinkle with a little paprika.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes to cook the eggs
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 hardboiled eggs, peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- paprika, for garnish
- This deviled egg recipe can easily be doubled.
- Add a splash of Worcestershire sauce for even more flavor.
Here's how to make it:
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop the yolks out into a bowl and mash.
- Add the mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon or pipe the filling back into the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.