30-Minute Low-Carb Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe With Riced Cauliflower by Sarah Amona
Chicken tikka masala is an Indian recipe that's made with tender chicken pieces in a spicy tomato-based sauce. This easy chicken tikka masala recipe is served with riced cauliflower instead of regular rice, so it's low-carb and keto-friendly.
The simple tikka masala recipe has a longer ingredient list, but they're all things you probably already have in your pantry or refrigerator: diced tomatoes, coconut milk, garam masala, cumin, fresh ginger, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper, chicken breast, riced cauliflower and fresh cilantro. The Indian chicken dinner takes about 10 minutes to prep and only 15 minutes to cook.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the first 11 ingredients in a bowl.
- Put the chicken in a pan and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Lightly brown each side about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, microwave the riced cauliflower according to package directions.
- Serve the chicken over the cauliflower. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.