A Firefighter's Meatloaf Recipe: This Easy Meatloaf Recipe Is a Firehouse Favorite by 30Seconds Food
Firemen are known for good home cooking and knowing their way around the kitchen. We're told that this firefighter's meatloaf recipe is a favorite with these heroes in the U.S. and Canada. After testing this moist ground beef meatloaf recipe, we can see why!
The easy meatloaf is made with whole-wheat bread, ground beef, green onions, chopped white or yellow onion, salsa, whole-grain mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. After being baked in the oven for about an hour, the meatloaf is topped with barbecue sauce or ketchup. Ready to grab that meatloaf pan yet?
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes (approximately)
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 - 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce or ketchup
Here's how to make it:
- Put the bread into a small bowl and cover with water. Let it soak for a minute, then drain and put into a large bowl.
- Add the ground beef, green onions, onion, salsa, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until combined. Form into a loaf in a greased loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 1 hour. Drain off the fat and top with the barbecue sauce. Bake about 15 more minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Loaf Pans $8 & Up
Whole Grain Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Salsa $2 & Up
Barbecue Sauce $1 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.