A Firefighter's Meatloaf Recipe: This Ground Beef Meatloaf Recipe Is a Firehouse Favorite by 30Seconds Food
Firemen are known for good home cooking and knowing their way around the kitchen. We're told that this firefighter's meatloaf recipe is a favorite with these heroes in the U.S. and Canada.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes (approximately)
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 - 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce or ketchup
Here's how to make it:
- Put the bread into a small bowl and cover with water. Let it soak for a minute, then drain and put into a large bowl.
- Add the ground beef, green onions, onion, salsa, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until combined. Form into a loaf in a greased loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 1 hour. Drain off the fat and top with the barbecue sauce. Bake about 15 more minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Loaf Pans $8 & Up
Whole Grain Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Salsa $2 & Up
Barbecue Sauce $1 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.