Grandma's Copper Penny Carrots Recipe: An Old-fashioned Carrot Recipe From Back in the Day by 30Seconds Food
Carrots cut into "coins" and then tossed in a seasoned tomato-based sauce with onions and peppers is a vintage recipe that grandma used to make. This copper pennies recipe can be served cold as a salad or warm as a side dish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes (to cook the carrots)
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 3 cups sliced cooked carrots, drained and cooled
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomato soup
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the tomato soup, oil, sugar, mustard and Worcestershire. Pour over the carrots.
- Add the onions and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate at least 6 hours before eating.
Photo: Kaki Reckard Abicht
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Salad Bowls $10 & Up
Tomato Soup $2 & Up
Mustard $1 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.