Easy Chicken Tortellini Florentine Casserole Recipe Is Creamy Cheesy Goodness by Melissa Vickers
Looking for an easy casserole recipe the whole family will love? Here’s another of my can’t-leave-a-recipe-as-is attempts that worked.
The original chicken casserole recipe started with uncooked diced chicken breasts, and I used rotisserie chicken meat. It called for “small pasta,” but I had some spinach and cheese tortellini. It didn’t call for mushrooms or celery, but I had both so I threw them in. And I subbed half and half for the whole milk the recipe called for. The end result was cheesy, creamy and yummy!
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 pound rotisserie chicken, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (I didn’t bother since I was using the rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces spinach and cheese dried tortellini
- 3 celery stalks, cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup half and half or milk of your choice
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes, drained and roughly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 big handful fresh spinach
Here’s how to make it:
- Place chicken, Italian seasoning, garlic, tortellini, celery and mushrooms in an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- In large measuring cup, whisk chicken stock, half and half and cornstarch together. Pour over chicken mixture. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, take off foil and stir in tomatoes and spinach. Sprinkle cheeses on top and cook uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes more, or until bubbly.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.