Fresh Mandarin Orange Bread Recipe Is Moist, Citrusy & Tastes Like Summer by 30Seconds Food
You've heard of date bread, banana bread, pineapple bread and apple bread, but what about mandarin bread? Moist, light and bright, this mandarin orange bread tastes like summer!
If you can't find fresh mandarins, you could use canned mandarins and orange juice. Serve this quick bread recipe with a dollop of whipped cream for dessert or a sweet snack.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh mandarin juice
- 2 teaspoons mandarin zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped mandarin flesh (remove white pith and skin), optional
Here's how to make it:
- Cream the butter in a bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the sugar and continue to beat until well combined.
- Add the eggs, mandarin juice, zest and vanilla. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir in the chopped mandarins. Pour the batter into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove to cool.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Loaf Pans $8 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Mandarin Oranges $2 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.