Copycat KFC Biscuits Recipe: Tender, Moist, Flaky Biscuit Recipe From the Fried Chicken Chain by 30Seconds Food
We all love KFC's fried chicken, but they also get props for their tender, flaky biscuits. If you've ever wished you could make the fried chicken chain's biscuits at home, you may need to sit down. You can!
This copycat recipe of KFC's biscuits is super simple to make, even if you're not a baker. Serve this tender biscuit recipe with butter, jelly, jam, honey or maple syrup. And guess what? Here's a copycat KFC fried chicken recipe. You are welcome.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (cold)
- 2/3 cup buttermilk or whole milk
Here's how to make it:
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or your fingers, cut in the butter until you get coarse crumbs.
- Pour in the milk and stir until a dough forms. Put the dough onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth.
- Roll the dough out using a rolling pin until it is about 1/2-inch thick. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits (you could also use a knife and cut into squares). Roll the scraps together and continue to cut out the biscuits. Put the biscuits onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Pastry Blenders $7 & Up
Rolling Pins $7 & Up
Cream of Tartar $4 & Up
Biscuit Cutters $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.