5-Minute Broiled Parmesan Tomatoes Recipe Is a Quick Healthy Side Dish by Donna John
With fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes sitting on my counter, I was on the hunt for a new way to use them. This easy broiled Parmesan tomato recipe was not only quick and easy, but is now a new favorite way to eat tomatoes!
Adjust the amount of seasonings to your tastes. I used quite a bit of garlic and Italian seasoning so the flavors really shined. If you're making them for a family, think one medium tomato per person. I cooked one and ate the whole thing myself with dilled salmon and fresh broccolini. Delish!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- fresh ripe tomatoes, sliced
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- fresh chopped garlic
- freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- sliced mozzarella cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Put the tomatoes onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with some chopped garlic, Italian seasoning and drizzle with olive oil.
- Top each tomato with some grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the top with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with a little more Italian seasoning and olive oil.
- Broil for about 2 to 5 minutes (depending on distance away from heating element) or until cheese has melted and is beginning to brown. Serve immediately.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Pans $8 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Tomato Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.