Star & Stripes Patriotic Hummus Recipe: A Healthy Recipe for July 4th by Chef George Duran
Ready for July 4th? Social hour starts with a fun and festive stars and stripes hummus recipe that will get guests’ spirits high and flags higher. This easy patriotic hummus recipe is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, non-GMO, kosher, halal and keto friendly. Everyone can enjoy it!
Catch your guests’ eyes with a purely patriotic presentation, and catch their hearts with a tasty and easy, celebrity chef-approved hummus!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Makes 4 cups
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup Mighty Sesame Tahini or your favorite tahini
- 2 cubes Dorot Gardens garlic (or 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 medium beet
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 sliced onion
Here's how to make it:
- Mix together lemon juice and water and set aside. Whisk together tahini and oil and set aside.
- In a food processor, process garbanzo beans with garlic, salt and cumin until chunky. Add lemon mixture and process until somewhat smooth. As the machine runs, add olive oil and tahini mixture until smooth, scraping bowl as needed.
- Remove 2/3 of the hummus and add 1 medium cooked beet and process until bright red and smooth.
- Clean food processor and add half of reserved hummus back in the processor.
- Sauté cabbage with onions on medium heat with 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil until softened. Add mixture to hummus in the food processor with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. Process until bright blue. Note that it may look a bit purplish, but when paired with the other colors you will achieve a patriotic look either way.
- Place all three hummus colors in resealable plastic bags and clip end of each bag to allow hummus to flow out freely.
- Use your imagination to create an American flag or any patriotic party dish with the hummus. Serve with extra virgin olive oil and plenty of crackers.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Take This Dish and Twist It by George Duran $1.30 & Up
Garbanzo Beans $2 & Up
Mighty Sesame Tahini $4 & Up
Tahini $4 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Food Processors $30 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.