Clean-Eating Stuffed Avocado Recipe With Salmon Makes Eating Healthy So Tasty by 30Seconds Food
Creamy avocado stuffed with moist salmon? Yes, please! "These are insanely delicious! Lemony plus briny plus fresh herbs plus flaky baked salmon equals an absolute treat that comes together in just minutes!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "Lots of healthy fats happening here!"
Why is healthy fat important for us? "Not only can eating healthy fats lead to weight loss by increasing your metabolism, it can also improve your energy levels, balance your blood sugars, improve moods (60 to 70 percent of our brain is made up of fat!), reduce inflammation in the body and support your hormones. Plus, fat helps to keep us full since it contains more calories per gram compared to carbohydrates or protein."
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 to 15 minutes
Total Time: 22 to 25 minutes
- 4 skinless wild-caught salmon fillets
- avocado oil cooking spray
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 - 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 medium avocados
- lemon wedges, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Season the salmon fillets with sea salt and pepper and place them on the prepared baking tray. Lightly spray salmon with avocado oil, then bake in your preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or just until flaky. Remove fish from the oven and let it cool, then flake it with a fork.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flaked salmon with yogurt, lemon juice, olives, chives, dill, mustard, sea salt and pepper.
- Cut your avocados in half on lengthways and discard the pit. Scoop out some of the avocado flesh to create more space for the filling if necessary.
- Chop up the extra avocado flesh and stir it into the salmon mixture bowl. Divide the salmon mixture evenly between the avocado halves. Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Kalamata Olives $3 & Up
Avocado Cooking Spray $5 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.