Cheesy One-Pan Spicy Lasagna Recipe Is Husband Approved by Donna Gates Graham
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 shallots, finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 jar (25 ounces) marinara sauce
- 8 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up as you stir, until cooked through and browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, 2 more minutes.
- Add the broccoli rabe and salt. Cook until broccoli rabe wilts, about 2 minutes. Pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Spread a thin layer of the marinara sauce in the skillet. Add the remaining marinara to the sausage mixture. Mix well.
- Layer half of the lasagna noodles on top of the marinara in the skillet, breaking them if needed to fit. Cover with the sausage mixture. Add 3/4 cup of the Parmesan and half of the mozzarella. Layer with the remaining noodles. Cover with the remaining sausage mixture. Top with the remaining cheese and Gruyere.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 40 minutes or until it is bubbly and golden on top.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ovenproof Skillets $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Marinara Sauce $3 & Up
No-boil Lasagna Noodles $2 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.