Fresh & Healthy Caprese Pizza Recipe With Cauliflower Crust Is Low-Carb Heaven by Sarah Amona
You've heard of a Caprese salad. It's that refreshing Italian salad recipe made with fresh mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and basil. This easy Caprese pizza recipe is a twist on that salad. It's made on a cauliflower crust so it's healthy and low-carb.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 4 cups cooked frozen riced cauliflower
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/3 cups low-fat shredded mozzarella
- 10 1/4-second sprays canola oil spray
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced Roma tomatoes
Here's how to make it:
- To make the cauliflower crust, pour cauliflower into a Pyrex pie dish. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Take out and stir. Repeat three times (total time in microwave is 20 minutes).
- Spread the heated cauliflower over a large piece of parchment paper or clean dish towel and let cool completely. Add eggs, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl and whip. Pour in cauliflower and cheese. Mix well. Line a quarter sheet pan with parchment paper and spread the cauliflower mixture evenly across the pan.
- Place in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 25 minutes. Remove when the cauliflower is baked to a golden brown on top. Allow to cool completely in the pan. Use right away or refrigerate or freeze until ready to use. (Once refrigerated or frozen, place in a 350-degree F oven for 6 to 10 minutes to bring to room temperature before serving or using in recipes.)
- Top with crust with the tomatoes, basil and fresh mozzarella. Spray with the cooking spray. Serve cold or heat in the oven until cheese melts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.