Creamy Chocolate Peppermint Coffee Ice Cream Recipe Is Dairy-free by Melissa Vickers
I previously submitted this peppermint mocha ice cream recipe based on my mom’s recipe for non-dairy ice cream with coffee creamer as the base. I noted at the time that without the use of a churn, the resulting ice cream was pretty icy, and I wondered about substituting more almond milk for the water.
I tried that, and used chocolate cook-and-serve pudding (instead of French vanilla instant), and even added a little brewed coffee. This version is still pretty icy, but tastes a lot creamier. And more chocolate is always good, right? My next experiment might be with a different flavor of coffee creamer and/or pudding!
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 4 to 6 hours to freeze
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes plus 4 to 6 hours to freeze
- 1 cup Coffee Mate Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer (or your favorite flavor)
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 small box (3.4 ounces) chocolate cook-and-serve pudding mix (or your favorite flavor)
Here’s how to make it:
- In a blender, blend together the creamer, almond milk, coffee and vanilla. Add cocoa powder and pudding mix. Blend.
- Pour into a loaf pan, cover and freeze for 4 to 6 hours. Every so often stir contents until pretty thick. Let it freeze the rest of the way.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Coffee $4 & Up
Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.