Mom’s Creamy Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe With Almonds: Simple & Fit for Company by Melissa Vickers
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can milk (Mom used coffee creamer and I use almond milk)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green olives, drained
- 1 can (5 to 6 ounces) chunk white tuna, drained (or use 3 2.6-ounce flat packages)
- 4 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (Mom either crumbled 3 to 4 pieces of stale bread or some cornbread in a blender; I use panko)
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) melted butter
- handful of sliced almonds
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine soup and milk in large bowl. Add cheese, olives, tuna and some almonds. Stir well.
- In an 8x8-inch casserole dish, layer half of cooked noodles, half of tuna mixture, the other half of the noodles and the rest of the tuna mixture.
- Tear American cheese slices in half and place on top of tuna/noodle layers.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and breadcrumbs. Spread on top of cheese. Add a few almonds, if you like!
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Tuna $1 & Up
Cream of Mushroom Soup $2 & Up
Almonds $4 & Up
Green Olives $3 & Up
Medium Egg Noodles $1 & Up
Panko $2 & Up
Baking Dishes $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.