Simple Moist Lime Cake Recipe With Powdered Sugar Glaze Starts With a Box Cake Mix by 30Seconds Food
Most of us love a slice of lemon cake, but what about lime cake? Yes, please! This easy lime cake recipe has a sweet powdered sugar glaze and starts with a box cake mix. So easy! It is super moist because of the lime yogurt.
If you want a more vibrant green color to your cake, add a few drops of green food coloring. Garnish with fresh lime zest and get ready for the recipe requests.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 to 55 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 1 box (15 ounces) white cake mix or vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup lime yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk (to achieve desired thickness)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the cake mix, yogurt, oil, eggs, lime juice and zest. Beat with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a bundt pan that's been greased and floured.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through. Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, combine all the ingredients. Add more or less milk to achieve desired consistency. Pour or spoon the glaze over the cooled cake. Garnish with lime zest, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
White Cake Mix $1 & Up
Yellow Cake Mixes $1 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Bundt Pans $10 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Green Food Coloring $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.