Crispy Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Recipe (The Best Way to Cook Chicken) by Donna John
This is my new favorite chicken recipe. There, I said it. This recipe – like the Arizona sunshine lemon pie recipe that blends up a whole lemon – intrigued me and frightened me a bit. I honestly did not think this Parmesan-crusted chicken recipe would work. I was prepared to cut the chicken into pieces and mix with my side dish of pesto noodles. Boy, was I wrong about this one!
Parmesan cheese is one of my weaknesses. I love it! And I love Parmesan crisps, which I make all the time. This chicken recipe is like a juicy chicken breast wrapped in a Parmesan crisp. This recipe is easy, delicious and quick.
Serve this crispy Parmesan-crusted chicken for dinner with your favorite side dishes. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded out to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- parsley flakes (optional)
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- Be sure not to move the chicken breast at all when you first start frying it. This step is important so that the cheese can adhere to the chicken and not the pan.
- Flip the chicken over carefully. You won't believe my excitement when I saw that golden piece of cheese-crusted chicken flip over.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the egg, water and garlic in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Put the shredded Parmesan cheese onto a plate.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dip it into the egg mixture, then put it into the Parmesan cheese. Coat both sides thoroughly, pressing the cheese onto the chicken.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes. Do not move the chicken at all so that the cheese sticks to the chicken and creates a crust so it doesn't stick to the pan.
- Carefully flip the chicken over with a spatula. Continue to cook until chicken is cooked through, about 2 to 3 more minutes. Sprinkle with parsley flakes, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 61.3g
Saturated Fat: 13.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 17.5g
Dietary Fiber: 1.1g
Total Sugars: 0.5g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.