Crispy Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Recipe Is the Best Way to Cook Chicken by Donna John
This is my new favorite chicken recipe. There, I said it. This recipe – like the Arizona sunshine lemon pie recipe that blends up a whole lemon – intrigued me and frightened me a bit. I honestly did not think this Parmesan-crusted chicken recipe would work. I was prepared to cut the chicken into pieces and mix with my side dish of pesto noodles. Boy, was I wrong about this one!
Parmesan cheese is one of my weaknesses. I love it! And I love Parmesan crisps, which I make all the time. This chicken recipe is like a juicy chicken breast wrapped in a Parmesan crisp. This recipe is easy, delicious and quick.
Be sure not to move the chicken breast at all when you first start frying it. This step is important so that the cheese can adhere to the chicken and not the pan. Flip it carefully. You won't believe my excitement when I saw that golden piece of cheese-crusted chicken flip over. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded out to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- parsley flakes (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the egg, water and garlic in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Put the shredded Parmesan cheese onto a plate.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dip it into the egg mixture, then put it into the Parmesan cheese. Coat both sides thoroughly, pressing the cheese onto the chicken.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes. Do not move the chicken at all so that the cheese sticks to the chicken and creates a crust so it doesn't stick to the pan.
- Carefully flip the chicken over with a spatula. Continue to cook until chicken is cooked through, about 2 to 3 more minutes. Sprinkle with parsley flakes, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Nonstick Skillets $10 & Up
Spatulas $5 & Up
Parsley Flakes $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.