Crazy Good Creamy Chicken Enchilada Recipe Is What's for Dinner by 30Seconds Food
Chicken enchiladas put a smile on most people's faces. Creamy and cheesy, what's not to love? This easy chicken enchilada recipe gets its creaminess from cream cheese and a twang from salsa verde. It's on the table in about 45 minutes!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 box (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 can (7 ounces) salsa verde (or homemade salsa verde)
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add the broth and simmer for about 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Spread a 1/2 cup of the sauce on the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Divide the chicken between the flour tortillas. Top with about 2 tablespoons of the shredded cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in the baking pan.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas, then drizzle the can of salsa verde over the top. Sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Salsa Verde $1 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Flour Tortillas $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.