Chicken a la Crème Recipe: A 3-Ingredient Comfort Food Recipe From France by 30Seconds Food
Chicken a la king fans, do we have a chicken recipe you need to try! Chicken a la Crème (chicken in cream) is a French dish that's similar to our chicken a la king. It's a classic comfort food dish made with chicken, cream and a little butter.
With this easy Chicken a la Crème recipe, you have the option to add some vegetables – either carrots or potatoes. Be sure to cut them in a very small dice so they look quickly. But this is optional! Serve this creamy chicken recipe over rice or alone with crusty French bread.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter (divided)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint (16 ounces) heavy cream
- 1 - 2 cups small diced carrots or potatoes (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in the butter until golden brown on all sides, about 8 to 10 minutes. (If using potatoes or carrots, cook along with the chicken.)
- Put the remaining butter into the pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook about 5 more minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer on low for about 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
French Cookbooks $5 & Up
Wooden Spoons $6 & Up
French Cooking Tools $6 & Up
French Décor $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.