Tender Pot Roast Tacos Recipe: A Beef Taco Recipe You Don't Want to Lose by 30Seconds Food
Pot roast is just about as comforting of a meal as you can get. But think about this: taking that moist, tender pot roast, cutting or shredding it and using it for tacos. Sounds amazing, right? A beef chuck roast is seasoned with Mexican spices, browned and then baked until it's fall-apart tender. After it's shredded, it's piled onto tortillas with your desired taco toppings.
This easy pot roast tacos recipe is sure to be included in meal rotation after one bite. The beef chuck roast makes the perfect taco filling. Serve this shredded beef taco recipe with your favorite taco toppings like guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo, shredded cheese, chopped red onion, fresh cilantro, shredded lettuce and jalapenos.
Cuisine: Mexican / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 to 3 hours
Total Time: 2 to 3 hours
- 1 chuck roast (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ground cayenne, to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) chopped tomatoes
- flour tortillas or corn tortillas, warmed
- sour cream
- chopped lettuce
- chopped tomato
- chopped onion
- pico de gallo
- shredded cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Season the roast with salt and pepper, to taste, and the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and cayenne. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven. Brown the roast on all sides.
- Add the tomatoes, onions and water. Bring to a simmer. Cover and put it into a preheated 325-degree F oven. Bake for 2 to 3 hours or until tender.
- Remove the meat from the cooking liquid and shred or cut into pieces. Serve in tortillas with desired taco toppings.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dutch Ovens $10 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Cayenne Pepper $2 & Up
Chopped Tomatoes $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Flour Tortillas $2 & Up
Corn Tortillas $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.