Healthy Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe With Spinach Riced Cauliflower by Sarah Amona
Juicy sliced lemon pepper chicken on a bed of cauliflower rice and spinach is what healthy dreams are made of. This healthy chicken recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and will fill you up! The seasoned skillet chicken is served with riced cauliflower that's mixed with fresh spinach. What a great, healthy combination of ingredients!
Made with boneless chicken breasts, this lemon pepper chicken recipe makes one serving, but you could easily increase the recipe to feed a family. This lemon pepper chicken recipe with cauliflower rice is a complete dinner or lunch, but you could add a fresh side salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon thyme (or regular thyme)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- pinch sea salt
- 3/4 cup cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat a frying pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil on medium. Roll the chicken breast in the herbs and spices, and squeeze over half the lemon juice. Cook the breast for 10 minutes before flipping and cooking for an additional 5 minutes or until cooked through. Add the other half of the lemon to the pan, cut side down. Cook until charred.
- Meanwhile, prep the cauliflower rice by finely shopping or blending the cauliflower to a rice-like texture. Mix through the spinach and dress with additional lemon juice and a splash of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken and lemon from the pan. Slice the breast on an angle. Place the cauliflower rice mix in a bowl and top with the chicken. Serve with charred lemon half.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Frying Pans $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Dried Thyme $4 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Sea Salt $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.