20-Minute Blackened Shrimp Recipe Wakes Up Those Taste Buds by Donna John
Serve the flavorful shrimp with your favorite side dishes, over grits, mashed potatoes or rice, or make a healthy blackened shrimp salad with your favorite salad ingredients. I like to make a salad with the shrimp using mixed spring greens, hard-boiled eggs, sliced red onion and jalapenos.
If you don't want to make the homemade blackening seasoning, you can use your favorite store-bought blackening seasoning.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails on or off)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the seasoning ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Let the shrimp sit a few minutes before cooking, if possible.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Put the shrimp into the pan in a single layer. Cook about 2 minutes then flip them over and cook until shrimp are done, about 2 minutes more. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining shrimp. Serve immediately or let the shrimp cool slightly if adding them to a salad.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.