Crispy Italian Roasted Potatoes Recipe Uses a Surprising Ingredient As a Shortcut by Melissa Vickers
I found this Italian roasted potatoes recipe the other day and decided to give it a try. It called for a host of spices, including dried Italian seasoning. It sounded good, but I decided I could shortcut it and not have to measure all those spices.
What did I do? I reached for a bottle of Olive Garden’s Italian Dressing. It worked great. I love Olive Garden’s salads with that salad dressing, and it turns out to be a great flavoring agent for potatoes, too!
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes (I used Gemstone potatoes that come in multiple colors)
- 3 tablespoons Olive Garden Italian Dressing (or your favorite Italian salad dressing)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes
Here’s how to make it:
- Clean and rinse potatoes, drain and cut into halves (or quarters) to make bite-sized pieces. Toss with Italian dressing.
- Heat up an ovenproof skillet (cast iron skillet preferred) on the stovetop. Heat the olive oil, then add the potatoes and cook until they turn slightly brown and get crispy.
- Add cheese and parsley. Move skillet to the oven. Roast in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add butter bits on top of potatoes and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.