Quick Avocado Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe Is a Cool Summer Dinner or Lunch by 30Seconds Food
"If you’re looking for a really great, fresh-tasting lunch or dinner idea, we’ve totally got you covered here!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "These simple lettuce wraps are so perfect for summertime to keep things light with minimal cooking and prep."
These chicken lettuce wraps are super tasty and very satisfying thanks to the high protein and healthy fats. "You can create your chicken salad mixture the night before, set it in the fridge, then before heading out the door the next morning, assemble your wraps. Add your avocado right before serving."
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded (rotisserie or poached)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (preferably homemade mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 large shallots or 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- a large handful of fresh cilantro or parsley leaves, minced
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small avocado, diced
- butter lettuce leaves, to serve
- crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Using two forks, shred the chicken and place it in a large bowl.
- Add in the yogurt, mayo, mustard, shallot, garlic, lemon juice and zest. Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Create lettuce boats by doubling up two lettuce leaves so they are sturdier. Fold in the avocado, then spoon it into your lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with some crushed red pepper flakes, if desired, and serve immediately.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.