5-Minute Basil Pesto Recipe With Sunflower Seeds Is Chef Approved by Ann Marie Patitucci
I tend to be a picky eater, but I love pesto. This surprises people because, as they tell me, many fussy eaters tend not to like pesto and other flavorful, aromatic sauces like it. I must be the exception, then because I could eat it daily!
I love it in pasta, on chicken, with bread, in my family’s favorite pasta salad and more! Of course homemade is always the best. Here is a wonderful pesto recipe from my friend Craig Couture, teacher by day and award-winning local cook by night (weekends). Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- In a food processor or blender, blend basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, sunflower seeds, salt and pepper.
- Once roughly chopped, slowly stream in extra virgin olive oil while the food processor is on. Process until smooth (for a thinner pesto, add more olive oil until you reach your preferred consistency). Use immediately for pasta dishes, pizza or as an herb sauce for meat dishes like chicken kebabs.
Note: You can also freeze the pesto in ice cube trays for later use.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.