Valerie Bertinelli's Salmon Kebabs Recipe With Herb Sauce by Ann Marie Patitucci
Valerie Bertinelli, award-winning actress, cookbook author and host of Valerie’s Home Cooking, appeared on TODAY to chat with Hoda Kotb and share some of her delicious summer recipes. Her salmon kebabs recipe with herb sauce is one of my favorites.
This easy salmon recipe is a perfect summer grill meal, but could be made indoors throughout the year, too, on an indoor grill pan. The herb sauce is delicious and is sure to impress your guests. The best part is how versatile the sauce is – it can be used as a salad dressing or as a dip. I highly recommend serving it with bread as an appetizer.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup packed parsley leaves
- 1 pound center-cut salmon, skin and pin bones removed, cut into 24 1 1/2- to 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 lemon, sliced into 1/3-inch rounds, then quartered
- additional lemon wedges, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- To make the herb sauce, add the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes to a small food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Blend until the garlic is finely chopped. Add in the herbs and blend until finely chopped. Transfer the herb sauce to a bowl and set aside.
- To make the salmon, preheat the grill to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, add the olive oil, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Whisk to combine. Add the cubed salmon, red onion and lemon quarters to the bowl, and gently toss to coat everything in the oil/seasoning.
- To put together the kebabs: Using an 8-inch metal skewer or wooden skewer (soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes in water), thread a few pieces of red onion. Next, add a piece of salmon, followed by a quarter of lemon. Repeat until you have four pieces of salmon on the skewer. Set the finished kebab aside and continue the process with the remaining skewers and ingredients.
- Oil the grates of the preheated grill generously. Add the salmon kebabs to the grill and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, until grill marks have formed and the salmon easily releases from the grill. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Note: This recipe can also be cooked inside on a grill pan.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Wooden Skewers $5 & Up
Metal Skewers $7 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.