4-Ingredient Coconut Macaroon Bars Recipe Tastes Like a Candy Bar by Melissa Vickers
I saw this coconut macaroon bars recipe on the Internet recently and found it intriguingly simple, mostly because of the middle layer: crescent dough. Who doesn't love a dessert recipe that starts with crescent roll dough and has just four ingredients?
Because macaroons make me think of Almond Joy candy bars, I added some chocolate chips and almonds. This coconut macaroon bars recipes is super easy and quick to throw together, and do not disappoint in the taste department!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: Makes about 24 bars
- 1 tube Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dough sheet or 1 can (8 count) crescent rolls that you seal the seams on
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- handful of chocolate chips (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper with enough overhang to create handles to lift it out after baking. Spray parchment paper with nonstick spray.
- Spread half of coconut on bottom of pan, directly on the parchment paper.
- Stir almond extract into the condensed milk and drizzle half over the coconut.
- Unroll crescent dough (and press seams together if not using the sheet form), forming one solid rectangle of dough. Carefully lay the dough on the coconut, easing it to fill the pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the coconut over the dough and drizzle with the rest of the milk. If using almonds and/or chocolate, sprinkle them over the mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.