4-Ingredient Pesto Chicken Breasts Recipe With Parmesan & Pine Nuts by Donna John
Needing a quick dinner fast, I searched the pantry, refrigerator and freezer. I found chicken breasts and Parmesan in the fridge, a jar of pesto in the pantry and pine nuts in the freezer. This simple pesto chicken recipe was pretty much a no-brainer.
I used a jar of creamy basil pesto, but you could definitely use homemade pesto. If you're wondering why the pine nuts were in the freezer, this keeps them fresh after opening. No need to thaw! I only cooked two chicken breasts and didn't use the whole jar of pesto. Going to mix it with pasta for a quick side dish later this week.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded out to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1 jar (5 to 6 ounces) pesto (I used creamy pesto)
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- pine nuts
- olive oil, for cooking
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Put about 1 teaspoon of the pesto on one side and use a spoon to coat. Flip the chicken over and repeat on the other side.
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet. Add the chicken breasts and cook until browned on one side, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and continue to cook until almost cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes more (this will depend on thickness of the chicken).
- Top with a little more pesto and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.