Garlic & Herb Chicken & Potatoes Bake Recipe Is Healthy, Clean Eating by 30Seconds Food
"I know we have a lot of folks here who prefer chicken thighs for their juicy tenderness and (never dried out) flavor, not to mention they’re usually more affordable," says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "This one is for you. And even if you’re not usually a chicken thigh type of person, this recipe may change your mind about that!
"But of course, if you’d like to use breasts that works, too. Depending on the size of the breasts they will likely need a few extra minutes to roast. The chicken breast should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (I remove it around 160 to 162 degrees F and let it climb to 165 while resting on the pan). If the chicken breasts vary in thickness, use a meat tenderizer to pound them to an even thickness to ensure that they all cook evenly!"
Prep Time: 30 minutes up to overnight to marinate the chicken
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes plus time to marinate the chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- a small bunch of fresh parsley leaves, chopped (about 1/4 cup or to taste)
- a small bunch of fresh dill weed, chopped (about 1/4 cup or to taste)
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
Here's how to make it:
- In a small bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients and whisk until really well combined. Pour half the marinade over the chicken in a glass bowl or ziplock bag (keep the other half of the untouched marinade for the potatoes). If time allows, marinate the chicken in the fridge overnight in a sealed container. Otherwise, allow the chicken to marinate for at least 20 minutes. Remove the marinated chicken from the fridge 20 minutes before roasting.
- Put the cubed potatoes in a large pot and fill it with water. Boil for just 4 to 5 minutes, then immediately drain well. Spread the drained potato cubes onto a large sheet pan that's covered with parchment paper or sprayed with nonstick spray, then drizzle with the remaining marinade and gently toss.
- Add the marinated chicken between the potatoes.
- Roast for 22 to 25 minutes in a preheated 425-degree F oven, or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender and crisp.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.