Valerie Bertinelli’s Cauliflower “Potato” Salad Recipe Will Make You Forget About Potatoes by Ann Marie Patitucci
Valerie Bertinelli, award-winning actress, cookbook author and host of Valerie’s Home Cooking, appeared on TODAY to chat with Hoda Kotb and share some of her delicious summer recipes, including her tasty cauliflower potato salad recipe. To be honest, when I first heard of people using cauliflower as a substitute for potatoes, I was skeptical. I love potatoes.
However, some recipes and substitutions just work. This is one of them! It’s a lighter take on the more classic potato salad. It’s easy to make, tasty, satisfying and the perfect side dish to bring to your next potluck. Thanks, Valerie!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite size florets (6 to 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/3 cup dill pickles, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 hardboiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
Here's how to make it:
- Add the cauliflower florets to boiling salted water and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the mayo, mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Add the cooled cauliflower, pickles, celery, shallot, hardboiled eggs, dill and chives. Mix until well combined. Serve at room temperature or cover and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Note: If you just can't bare to forego potatoes, feel free to substitute potatoes or do a combination of potato and cauliflower.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Yellow Mustard $1 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
Dill Pickles $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.