Dairy-free Peppermint Mocha Ice Cream Recipe Is Made With Coffee Creamer by Melissa Vickers
My mom was lactose intolerant and figured out how to make ice cream from coffee creamer. Twenty years ago, the options for creamer were pretty limited. I took her dairy-free ice cream recipe and upgraded it for more modern options.
This coffee creamer ice cream recipe turned out pretty icy, which is very refreshing. Next time I might try more almond milk to see if it makes it a little creamier. And there are other creamer flavors out there just waiting to be tried!
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 4 to 6 hours to freeze
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 4 to 6 hours
- 1 cup Coffee Mate Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer (or your favorite flavor)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, or to taste
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 small box (3.4 ounces) french vanilla instant pudding mix (or your favorite flavor)
Here’s how to make it:
- In a blender, blend together the creamer, milk, water and vanilla. Add cocoa powder. Blend.
- Add instant pudding mix (dry, not prepared) and blend until combined.
- Pour into a loaf pan, cover and freeze for 4 to 6 hours. Every so often (perhaps driven by impatience and curiosity) stir contents until pretty thick. Let it freeze the rest of the way.
Note: Next time I try this, I may try 2 cups of almond milk and 1 cup of water. Or maybe substitute a cup of coffee for more coffee flavor.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.