2-Ingredient Spicy Chili Sirloin Steak Recipe Doesn't Disappoint by Donna John
We eat a lot of chicken, but sometimes you just crave a juicy steak. This easy sirloin steak recipe has just two ingredients. Two! The steak is coated in chili seasoning then cooked quickly in a skillet. (You could cook it outside on the grill, too.)
The steak can be marinated as short as 15 minutes, but if you have time, let it soak up the seasoning longer. I coated my steak in the morning and cooked it for dinner that evening. You could also use flank steak, hanger steak, ribeye or whatever steak you enjoy instead of sirloin.
Prep Time: 15 minutes to overnight
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
- 1 1-pound sirloin steak (or your favorite steak)
- 2 tablespoons chili seasoning (I used no-salt Williams Chili Seasoning)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the steak into a dish. Season both sides with the chili seasoning. Marinate at least 15 minutes and up to overnight. (If marinating longer than 30 minutes, put it in the refrigerator.)
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat (I used a cast iron skillet). Put the steak into the skillet and cook until well seared on one side. Flip it over and continue to cook until it reaches desired doneness, about 8 to 10 minutes total.
- Remove the steak to rest at least 2 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with a little sea salt.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Chili Seasonings $2 & Up
Williams Chili Seasonings $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Cast Iron Skillets $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.