Easy Lemon Brined Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe Is a Keeper by 30Seconds Food
Just someone saying "fried chicken" can make your mouth water. Brining chicken before cooking adds flavor to the bone and makes it super juicy. Who would have thought a fried chicken dinner could get better?
Prep Time: 8 hours to overnight to marinate chicken
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes plus 8 hours plus to marinate
- 8 pieces bone-in chicken
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 lemons, cut in half
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the brine ingredients in a large pot. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Press down on the lemons to release some of their juice. Add chicken, cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the brine and pat dry.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, garlic powder and onion powder. In a bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and eggs.
- Heat a large skillet with about 2 inches of vegetable oil to 350 degrees F.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour, then into the buttermilk, then back into the flour. Cook the chicken in the hot oil until browned, crispy on both sides and cooked through (165 degrees F internal temperature), about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove to paper towels.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Salt $2 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.