Crazy Good Corn Casserole Recipe Is Like Cornbread In Casserole Form by Melissa Vickers
If you enjoy cornbread recipes, then you will love this crazy good corn casserole recipe. That's because this easy corn casserole recipe bakes up like a tender cornbread, though I won’t call it cornbread since it has sugar in it. (Click here to find out why!)
It's super simple to make this delicious corn casserole side dish, and who doesn't love corn? Here's your shopping list for this yummy vegetable dish: cornbread mix, butter, eggs, sour cream, cream-style corn, whole kernel corn, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and shredded cheese. All you do next is combine the ingredients and bake it up into a pan of vegetarian deliciousness. Doesn't that sound good? It is!
Add cheese to this side dish recipe if you like. You could also add jalapeno peppers if you want some heat. Enjoy this cornbread casserole as part of a holiday dinner, or anytime you crave the corn goodness!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 box (8.5 ounces) Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Here's why I don't think cornbread should have sugar in it, the Southerner's way.
- The shredded cheddar cheese is optional, but you also could use a different cheese of your choice.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Here’s how to make it:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a greased 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until the edges of the casserole are lightly browned and the top is firm. A toothpick should come out clean.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.