Skinny Marinated Flank Steak Recipe Is Tender, Juicy & OMG Good by Sarah Amona
OMG, this flank steak recipe is so delicious! This skinny flank steak is marinated for hours then quickly grilled. The result is a tender, juicy steak. So good! To reduce the sodium, be sure to use low-sodium soy sauce and low-sodium beef broth. If you're not a fan of flank steak, try sirloin, round steak, hanger steak or even a ribeye (cut off excess fat!).
This steak recipe does need a bit of time to marinate – at least 10 hours. For a quick dinner, marinate the steak the night before. Serve this healthier flank steak recipe with a vegetable, salad or your favorite side dish.
Prep Time: 10 hours to marinate
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes to cook and 10 hours to marinate
- 2 1/3 pounds flank steak
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Splenda (or your favorite sweetener)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Here's how to make it:
- Place a plastic zipper bag in a large bowl. Add the soy sauce, beef broth, balsamic vinegar and oil to the bag. Whisk in the Splenda, garlic, ginger and green onions. Add the steak to the bag, flipping it to coat it in the marinade. Place the steak in the fridge and marinate it overnight, or for a minimum of 10 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove the steak from the fridge and preheat your cooking surface (outside grill or stovetop grill pan). Remove the steak from the marinade, discard the leftover liquid and sear the steak on each side until it’s cooked to your desired degree of doneness. Let the steak rest for 5 minutes and then slice it against the grain.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.