Creamy Parmesan Chicken Pasta Recipe Will Be an Instant Pot™ Classic by Melissa Vickers
I opted to add mushrooms and spinach to the recipe. The only thing missing tonight was some good crusty bread to serve with it!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion or shallot, finely chopped
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 16 ounces dry pasta (I didn’t have 16 ounces of any one pasta so I mixed shells, elbows and broken up spaghetti)
- 3 cups chicken broth (I used 2 cups chicken broth and 1 cup vegetable broth)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces fresh spinach
- fresh chopped basil, for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine salt, Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic and pepper in a bowl. Add chicken and stir well to coat.
- Turn on the Instant Pot to Sauté and set on high. Heat olive oil and quickly sauté chicken on all sides. Add chopped onion and mushrooms and sauté.
- Turn Sauté function off and deglaze the pot with some of the chicken stock. Add pasta and the rest of the stock and stir.
- Cover with the lid and lock into position. Turn the vent to the sealing position. Press the manual button and set the time for 3 minutes. When the cooking is finished, do a quick release.
- While the mixture is cooking, heat the butter and cream cheese in the microwave 30 seconds at a time until melted. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and heavy cream. Once you can open the pot, pour this sauce in and stir well.
- Add fresh spinach and stir. If there’s still more liquid than you’d like, much of that will be absorbed and thickened as it sits. Garnish with chopped basil.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Instant Pots $60 & Up
Pasta $1 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.