Fresh & Fruity Broccoli Salad Recipe Is Crisp, Crunchy, Healthy, Vegan & Dairy-free by Melissa Vickers
Know that this salad recipe makes a lot! I cut the salad ingredients in half and it still made a big bowl. I did make the full amount of dressing, as half of it just didn’t seem like enough. If you can, make the salad ahead of time to allow the flavors to blend. Salad will keep five days in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 5 - 6 cups fresh broccoli florets, very finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup shredded carrots or matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped apricots or dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons juice)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons warm water (to thin dressing)
- 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Here’s how to make it:
- In a large bowl, add broccoli, blueberries, carrots, dried fruit, red onion, cilantro, parsley, toasted almonds and sunflower seeds. Set aside.
- Make the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together tahini, lemon juice, water, syrup, garlic, and salt and pepper. Immediately drizzle over salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: To toast your own almonds, placed sliced almonds in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Constantly stir with a wooden spoon until golden. Remove from heat to a plate and let cool before adding to salad.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Almonds $3 & Up
Sunflower Seeds $3 & Up
Tahini $4 & Up
Dried Cranberries $3 & Up
Maple Syrup $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.