3-Ingredient Queso Dip Recipe Is the Easiest Cheese Dip Recipe Ever by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
A few years ago we were under a hurricane watch in the Richmond, Va., area. My husband had gone to the grocery store and picked up a combination of shelf-stable foods as well as some special treats for the kids, something to distract them as we experienced our first hurricane watch, especially since they might be out of school. My boys began referring to these special treats as “hurricane food.” One of the treats was a jar of queso and tortilla chips. Ever since that day, the boys have affectionately referred to queso as “hurricane cheese.”
Not a huge fan of store-bought queso, I've been looking for an easy queso dip recipe, preferably one for my slow cooker. I found the perfect one, with only three ingredients and a few steps. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours and 5 minutes
Servings: 12 (or more)
- 1 loaf (32 ounces) Velveeta cheese
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 pound breakfast sausage (Use hot breakfast sausage if you like your queso spicy)
Here's how to make it:
- Cube the Velveeta cheese and add it to the slow cooker. Pour the salsa on top. Cook on low for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook the sausage in a skillet, breaking it into small pieces with a spatula as it cooks.
- Stir the cheese and salsa mixture in the slow cooker, then add the sausage, stirring to combine. Cook for another hour, or until cheese is melted and smooth. Serve with tortilla chips.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.