Easy Chewy Granola Bars Recipe Is Better Than the Box by Melissa Vickers
Granola bars are one of those marvelous customizable treats! You can put what you have and/or what you like in them, and make them sweet or not-so-sweet, crispy or crunchy.
This easy chewy granola bar recipe is one of my favorites. The end result is an easy after-school or after-work snack, a lunch treat, quick breakfast or just a hankering-for-something-to-satisfy-a-sweet-tooth treat. It’s fun to experiment!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar (I backed off a little on this, more like 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups oats (quick oats or regular oats)
- 1 1/4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup raisins or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
Here’s how to make it:
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add honey, vanilla and egg. Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats and cereal. Add raisins or chocolate chips.
- Press mixture into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.