4-Ingredient Cheesy Baked Reuben Chicken Recipe Is Ready in 30 Minutes by Donna John
Four-ingredient recipes are the bomb diggity, right? And who doesn't love a good chicken recipe? This easy four-ingredient baked Reuben chicken recipe is quick, cheesy, creamy and on the table in 30 minutes.
Put as much sauerkraut on the breast chicken as you'd like. I used a heaping 1/4 cup on each breast. The sauerkraut loses some of its sour bite during the baking process, and becomes sweeter and creamy with the Swiss cheese and salad dressing. Serve with a vegetable or salad.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 35 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 - 2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons thousand island salad dressing (try this homemade thousand island salad dressing recipe)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chicken breasts into a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/4 to 1/2 cup, depending on how much sauerkraut you'd like, on top of the chicken breasts. Top with a slice of cheese and then spread each breast with 1 tablespoon of salad dressing.
- Cover the pan with foil. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. (Cooking time will depend on thickness of chicken breasts. I uncovered mine during the last 5 minutes of baking.)
Note: I didn't drain my sauerkraut very well, and had some liquid at the bottom of the baking dish when it was done. If you do not want much liquid, be sure to drain the sauerkraut well. I didn't mind the liquid – it helped keep the chicken even more moist.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.