Crispy Baked Chicken Recipe With Creamy Spinach Artichoke Sauce Is a Dinner Grand Slam by Donna John
Chicken recipes seem to be all the rage. Maybe because chicken is a budget-friendly ingredient – and it's delicious and can be cooked in so many different ways! From French baked chicken to crispy ranch chicken to Caesar chicken to spicy orange chicken, the possibilities are endless.
If you enjoy the combination of spinach and artichokes (think spinach artichoke dip), then you are going to eat up this easy baked chicken recipe with creamy spinach artichoke sauce. With a creamy sauce and crispy skin, it's a dinner grand slam for sure. The chicken thighs (or your favorite chicken pieces) are seasoned then browned in a skillet. The creamy spinach artichoke sauce is made with garlic, chicken broth, cream, Parmesan cheese, artichoke hearts and spinach. After getting creamy in the pan, the chicken is added back and baked until cooked through and crispy.
Serve this baked chicken recipe with your favorite side dishes. Mashed potatoes, rice or quinoa are almost a must to soak up the creamy sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 4 - 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (6 - 7 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (you could substitute water-packed artichoke hearts)
- 2 - 3 cups chopped fresh spinach or 5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with the Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof skillet. Add the chicken, skin side down, and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn the chicken over and cook another 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth and cook, stirring up all the brown bits on the bottom, for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the heavy cream and Parmesan. Cook, stirring, until cheese has melted. Stir in the artichoke hearts and spinach. Cook until spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Put the chicken back into the pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven until chicken is cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Note: If you prefer using a baking pan or casserole dish, pour the finished sauce into the bottom and top with the chicken. Bake as directed.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Marinated Artichoke Hearts $3 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Ovenproof Skillet $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.