Cheesy Crabmeat Casserole Recipe With Vegetables Is Addictive & So Easy to Make by Melissa Vickers
Here’s a crab recipe that started as a copycat recipe for that cheesy dish I often see on a Chinese buffet. I decided I wanted to add a little more nutrition than just the (imitation) crab meat and all the cheese, so I added the vegetables: mushrooms, potatoes, spinach and celery.
Cuisine: Chinese / American
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 55 minutes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 cup shredded fiesta blend cheese or your favorite cheese (divided)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crab, shredded
- 3/4 pound tiny potatoes, pre-steamed for 5 minutes to cut down oven time
- 5 medium mushrooms, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bag fresh spinach (about 4 to 5 ounces)
Here’s how to make it:
- In a large bowl, blend cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and half of shredded cheese. Stir in milk.
- Add crab meat and all the vegetables. Stir to combine. Cover with remaining shredded cheese.
- Dump the mixture into a casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove foil, check potatoes with a fork to make sure they have softened and bake, uncovered, for another 10 minutes or until bubbly.
Note: When I made this I didn’t precook the potatoes and it took much longer in the oven to get them soft.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.