20-Minute Beef & Broccoli Stir-fry Recipe Is Better Than Takeout by 30Seconds Food
"We’re all about one-pan skillet meals over here! I love how quickly they come together and clean up is just as quick," says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®.
"This stir fry is as simple as it gets, for those nights that you really want to just order take-out, but then you realize that you can actually get this on the table quicker than delivery or driving to grab take-out. Then afterward you feel SO GOOD knowing that you invested the 15 to 20 minutes needed to get something highly nutritious (and tasty) on the table."
Cuisine: Asian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 pound sirloin steak, fat trimmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, pressed
- coconut aminos, low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- fresh lime wedges
- sesame seeds
- brown rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice
- fresh chopped cilantro
Here's how to make it:
- Place the broccoli and red bell pepper into a large skillet or wok and pour in 1/2 cup water. Cover the pan and steam over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, just until bright green. Remove vegetables from the pan and set aside.
- Very carefully remove any remaining water from the pan with a paper towel. Add in the oil and preheat over high heat. Add the steak and sprinkle with the seasoning. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it begins to char.
- Return the broccoli and peppers back into the skillet. Add the garlic. Continue to stir fry for just a couple of minutes more. Spoon on top of brown rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice, if desired. Garnish with cilantro leaves, sesame seeds and serve with coconut aminos and lime wedges.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.