Crispy Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe Is a 4-Ingredient Dinner Homerun by Donna John
Honey and mustard is a classic combination. This easy chicken recipe starts with boneless chicken breasts that are dipped in creamy honey mustard and breadcrumbs then quickly pan-fried until super crispy. Yum!
There was only two of us, so I just cooked two chicken breasts. Next time I'm going to add a few shakes of ground cayenne pepper to the breadcrumbs and honey-mustard sauce. I served this crispy chicken with buttered turnips and green beans with caramelized shallots.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4- to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs (I used panko)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (divided)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter (I used olive oil)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine 2 tablespoons mustard and 3 tablespoons honey in a small bowl.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard on a plate. (Using your fingers to mix it together makes it easier.)
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken into the honey-mustard mixture and then into the breadcrumbs, pressing so they stick well.
- Heat the olive oil or butter in a large skillet. Add the chicken and cook until well browned on the first time, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and continue to cook until golden and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Note: I only cooked two chicken breasts but made the full amount of sauce, so I removed some before dipping the chicken into it and served it on the side to drizzle over the chicken.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Honey $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Nonstick Skillets $10 & Up
Ground Cayenne $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.